The Night Before

Dear Family and friends,

Well this is the count down, the night before the big day. Hard to believe. I will tell you more of what I know.

I had a great experience at my new kibbutz. I was there for 2 days and it is absolutly beautiful. It is set on a hill right in front of Mount Gilboa. The valley is just stunning and I couldn't be in a better place.

When I arrived the room was freshly painted, not starile white, but a pretty yellow cream. I have air conditioning, a fridge, a gas hot plate, toaster, water heater (coom coom) and much more. There is hook up for internet and I have to pay 5 dollars a month extra, so hopefully next week that will be set up for me. The director of the soldiers had put milk, butter, fruit, chololate milk, and rolls in the fridge. She bought toilet paper, sponges, coffee, tea, plates and silverware. And cookies! It was so nice.

I don't have pictures right now but hopefully next week or the week to come. I live in a block with five other people. 2 are soldiers, Shlomi, and Dora and 2 are Russian men renting the rooms, and one is a lady who is not here now. I talked briefly to Shlomi who seems like a nice guy, he offered to show me where to put the laudry. And I talked for a long time to Dora, who is very sweet. She was in a combat unit guarding the peace boarders, but hurt herself. She only has 5 more months and now is working in social work in the army. We talked about why someone like me would want to do the army. Our love for Israel and travelling. She gave me here number and told me to call her and she would see how my first week was next Friday.

Today (the day after we talked) she sms me: LIZ WHAT IS YOUR LAST NAME? Mind you I don't know still what my profile is, which is a very important number. So I send her my full name because after all I really am not just Liz. She called me in 5 minutes.

-whats up?
-I'm good how are you?
-fine. So are you my secret agent?
-Yep. Liz do you want to know your army ID#?
-Of course.
-(gives me the number) and your profile is 82.

That is a great profile by the way. The highest is 97 then 82. The only reason it is that is because of my eyes. If I had a 97 profile I would be able to do any job in the army. With 82 there are some limitations. But it is exciting to know.

So now I am back in En HaShofet and my friends are making me dinner (nice huh?) And tomorrow morning Gani takes me to the army.

I know more because my friend from the ulpan that is already in En HArod told me some stuff. He said it will be hard, but it does get fun. He is in his second week and he just got his M-16. He said you even have to shower with it!! He is up where I will be which is a place called Mickva Alon. It is up between Akko and The Carmiel. He said the sunrise is amazing there. For the first month I will be in bootcamp and then after will be two months of ulpan. After this I am pretty sure that I will have to do a more real boot camp depending on what I am doing in the army.

And that is what I know. So You will not here from me for a week. Have a great week to everyone. BTW, I got two wonderful emails from both my Dads. Thank you very much. It is so encouraging, especially since I know you both think I am a bit crazy for doing this (And you know what? I am crazy) But that you to everyone for all your support.

OK I'll tell you how it is in a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BYE..................