I have all these picture ready to put on this silly blog, but I am too lazy to do it. They are really nice pictures from my trip to Los Estados Unidos. Maybe in a few days.

Well, had a really nice Shabbat. One boy from my Ulpan wanted to light the candles and say some prayers. It was so nice. I lit the candles he did the wine and the bread. There were just 4 of us there, but we all desided it was really nice and should be repeated next week.

I had a delicous dinner in the dinning room of a stuffed bell pepper. I hung out with Irit for a while and then we went to the pub. I got a call from Roie, who has been in the reserves since Sunday. He was coming home for a 24 hour break and was in the area. I wanted him to come to the pub, but he couldn't. All the guys I see going to the reserves are just wearing (get this image) boxers, undershirt, and gun!! So anyway he was embarassed to come to the pub like that, eventhough I don't think anyone would care. So we went to the ulpan area and sat around and talked for an hour.

It was great to see him and hear what he could tell. He said he is sick of this country and as soon as the war is over and he finishes his contract at his job he wants to leave. He has been up in Ramat Ha Golan, which is the border with Syria. He is a medic in the army. And he said that the army provided then with almost no medical supplies. And that they dated back to like, the Yom Kippur war. He said that he saw the army taking the tanks and weapons out of huge bags, because that is how they have been stored and once a year someone checks them to make sure they work. He said if it were not for the people he is with he would try to get out of it, but that they are really great. He said he is learning how to fire bombs and training on the ground in case he is needed. But he feels that all it is about is Israel saying, "look at how many people we are killing" and not taking reponsiblity for the soldiers lives.

It is an intersting perspective to hear. In my opion Israel cares more than most armies in the world. But I told him, if the medical equiptment is so old, then it is amazing that more people have not died.

I asked him how it was to come into normal society. I think it would be really hard, but he said it is nice to see that everything is normal.

Can you image geting a call on Saturday night at midnight that you need to report to the army on Sunday morning at 8am? That would be crazy!

After he left I had a hard time just going back to the pub, I need to process everything he said. It was a lot to take in.