One of my favorite things about Israel is how quickly things change, plans are made and suddenly you are with people you have never met before. Yesterday my friend Roie (I am going to Holland with him) called and asked if I would like to go to Ma-Agan Michael for the weekend. He would be going to his parents Mosav for dinner and then would pick me up on the was back. Of course I wanted to go. I thanked him "Yalla, bye." A about an hour later he called and asked if I wanted to go to his house for Shabbat dinner. Then Noa's plans changed so less than an hour later Noa and I went from sunbathing outside our room to Roie's house.

Roie lives in "the valley" ha emek. The valley in Israel is so beautiful. I told him that if people from the US saw it they wouldn't believe that it was Israel. Noa agreed that in Sweden people think that Israel is just a dessert. All the pretty yellow wildflowers were out. There is different flora and fauna in the north and south of Israel. Or maybe it is differnt because last time I was here I left in March, so I didn't really get to see spring in all its glory. But wow, it is really nice here in spring.

It was my first time on a mosav. I really don't know enough about mosavim to write anything. I think they are similar to kibbutzim, but they are not really shared in the same way.I am pretty sure that idividuals own their own houses and such.

Roie's family was really nice. His house was so pretty, it looks very rich. A huge kitchen and a very warm feeling. His mom cooked this amazing dinner. Homestyle potatos, two kinds of chiken(both yummy)and ravioli with mushrooms. For dessert we had fruit salad. It had fresh and dried fruit in it and she put vanilla in it too.

I met some of Roie's mosavnik friends. One guy named Shahaf (which means seagull) built his own cabin type house and is an Israeli cowboy! He was just in Japan for 3 months working braking horses.

Everyone was so friendly, hugs and kisses and then back to Ma-Agan Michael. I haven't been at my old kibbutz for 3 weeks and I hadn't been to the beach in 2 months.

The pub was fun. We danced all night and Roie and I kept saying, "only two weeks till we dance in Holland!!!" I love the was Ethiopian guys dance. They really have this almost tribal style of dance.

We slept in till one today and then Noa and I went to the beach for a few hours. There were so many people at the beach and it was such a nice day. It is amazing to note. But I actually noticed that the seashells have changed! There are the same ones as before, as always. But there were all these different styles of shells. Maybe a winter current has brought in different life. It was good to get some sun too.

Then Roie made us shnitzel (breaded and fried chicken) with hummus sandwiches. And now we have just been dozing all after noon. This is what the weekend is all about.

Tomorrow I start the week long boot camp. I am glad I got to rest before that.