Time Keeps On Slippin' Into The Future

How, when it feels like I am doing almost nothing, do I not have the time to post every few days. I have picture and a story I have been writing about Gadna, but somehow??? The pictures are on my computer...So is the story. OK I will do it, I promise.

Here are somethings going on:
This week was Purim. A crazy holiday in Israel because honestly it is just an excuse for people to get shit-face drunk (pardon my French) But it is true. The funny thing about it is that it is not really an excuse. It says that on Purim you are supposed to drink so much that you don't know the good of Mordichai from the bad of Hamon. So all week we have been waiting for this huge party at the kibbutz. It was fun, and I don't think anyone got that drunk. Everyone dressed up. I will have to put up those pictures too someday.

Going to Gadna answered a few questions I had and of course made me ask a few more. I found out what vaccinations I will get. As I have never been vaccinated and I don't want to be, this has been a concern. First it turns out that I do have to be vaccinated. But the good news is, that they won't be much because they are expecting that everyone has already gotten them. So I will get tetanus (that can't be spelled right) and Hepatitis and probably the flu shot. But that is it.

Next I found out that I should have received a thing called a "Manila". A Manila is the paperwork you get after taking the phycometric exams. Then based on all the info they have on you, they give you a list with 4 choices of were you will be in the army. I asked what it meant that I didn't get it. The soldier told me it is not good that I need to get it as soon as possible. Because when I first enter I will be in an army immersions course with other new immigrants for 2 months. After this they disperse the soldiers. If I don't have a place to go, because I didn't decide on my Manila, I will go wherever they think they need me. Which would be a shitty desk job. Yuck.

Also regarding the army, I called a guy whose soul job is to help new immigrants in the army and specifically put them on kibbutzim to live. He is getting together a group to live on the Kineret (Sea of Galilee aka the Lake that Jesus walked on water). If I was there I would be in Nahal. Which is a very good unit in the army. It is also considered a fighting unit, so I don't know what that means for me. But I will find out more and keep everyone posted.

I definitely have had my thoughts of "Oh girl you are crazy" But my roommate has been very encouraging. She told me that when she first hear that I was going to do the army she thought I was crazy. But now she said she is really thinking of doing it to. She is from Sweden and her dad is Israeli. She said she thinks her parents would kill her. But it is good to hear someone say I'm not crazy.

I switched jobs. I now work in the Ulpan Office. Everyone calls me either the Ulpan Maid or the Ulpan Bitch. It is actually a lot of work, but I get to work on my own schedule for the most part. I do all the cleaning and I take out everyone's garbage. Also once a week I do the laundry for the Ulpan. And I help out with emails and such. It is really nice for a change.

The days are funny here. During the day it is warm enough that you could wear your bathing suit but at night is is cold enought that you need your winter jacket.