My Last Entry

Who write the comment on the last entry. I have to be honest, it is a bit strange. Of course eveyone will die one day or another. As an Israeli guy told my friend Yora and I "one day your here, the next your on the bus and BOOM." That is a bit of Israeli black humor. I guess if they don't laugh they will cry.

After hearing of the bombing in Sinai I went on the net and tried to find out more about the bombing in Rasa Satan. It was in October 2004 and many people died, but I could not find out what camp it was in. Not that it matters, but I wonder.

Rasa Satan means the head of the devil in Arabic.

I feel so strange right now. I just found out that a volunteer that was here and just left last night, is now in jail. Why? He moved to another kibbutz (Daliya, in walking distance from mine) yesterday. And as I have heard he got drunk and now is in jail for sexual assult. My heart fell. Horror. This is going to sound weird or maybe you won't believe it. But for the past week I have been saying to friends what is wrong with Jonathan. He is so different than when I first came. I never would see him in the dinning hall and he was loosing weight when I did see him. When I first came he hung out a lot with Noa and I because he and Noa both speak Danish, the only two Danes. And even weirder so much about him and the way he talked and acted reminded me of my brother Ben.

And this "sexual assult" comes in the time that I am reading "We Were The Mulvaneys" which is so sad and interesting and breaking my heart completely. Mostly it is breaking because it is so much like what happened to two high school friends. Rape, or well, we can't even say that word, so better yet sexual assult. And how the whole community shunned the girl it happened to. The book is set in upsate NY in the 1970s, but it is crazy because it sounds like when I was there.

So, truthfully tonight I am a bit sceptical of humans and I am sad at the way we act sometimes.