Middle Eastern Life.

Sorry I have been so delayed in my writing. There has been a lot going on. Along with me trying to find a new place to live, Yora, basically my best friend on this kibbutz, is leaving in 3 days. It sucks, it is not fair. She is not Jewish, so boot her out of the country. And she loved Israel so much, she loves the language so much. She is so much of a better student than I am. So today, we were bad. We ditched class. We went to Afula. And we got some piercings!!!

Don't worry. Its not as bad as it seems. She got her nose peirced and I got my ears done finally. Alfter all these years. The reason I did it, is a bought a pair of earrings I just feel in love with. These were made by someone on my kibbutz. And then I was like, "Oh, no, now I actually have to do it." So I did it and I actually survived. Yora held my hand for the first one and then I was like "Oh its ok I don't need it after all." It really barely hurt. So now I just have to wait 3 weeks and then I will be wearing my beautiful earrings. I will be sure to take pictures.

In other funny news....Yora and I went on a little outing to Daliat Al Carmel, which is a close by Druze village. In this 3 hour visit we got to see the best and the worst of middle eastern culture. Let me enlighten you. First we were sitting in this really nice restaurant eating shawarma. Enjoying, peaceful. When this guy comes up (we were sitting outside) and is talking loudly and very close to the guy working there. Mind you they were standing right in front of our table. I thought they were going to get into a fight. But I was relaxed, comfortable. So the guy leaves to his car parked in front. And maybe ten minutes later he starts yelling in Arabic. Fortunatly Yora knows some Arabic. He was saying come here to my car. And the next thing you know an all out fight had broken out. There was punching, a wooden plank, someone trying to smash someone else between the door of the driverside. The engine starts, screetching tires. The other guy runs after the car. Is in front of a storefront and grabs a Darbuka drum and throws it at the car. The car speeds away and may men go running after.

I who don't like fights am up on my feet saying lets just leave some money and go. Yora who isn't bothered by fights is siting there laughing hysterically.

Then we walk around. And after a while decide to sit for some coffee. It was quiet, peaceful. Nice guy working there. Then one of his friend passes, a girl, beautiful, and hands him a photo album. So we are sitting craining trying to look at them and finally he noticed and came to sit with us so we could see them. It was her before wedding pictures. He said her wedding would be in about one year, "first the house has to be built." It was great. So sweet and nice.

The worst and the best of Middle Eastern mentality.It was great fun.

Shabbat Shalom to all.