מזל שלי My Luck

Some of you already know what I am about to talk about.

Last week I was talking on the phone with Mom and Hugh which is something I rarely do, and as I was being passed from Hugh to mom he said, "Look I want to let you know, if you would like to come out here for a visit before the army, do it."

Of course I say, I don't have that kind of money. And Hugh told me if you want to we will pay for it.

A few days later I had to call a third party for advice.

Lerone is basically in the same boat as me. She is one year older, moved to Israel. She is independent, but I am sure there are some things that her parents do for her too. So I told her what was up and what she thought.

Pearls of wisdom.

Don't feel guilty if you deside to go. They are doing this because they love you and they do miss you. And I am sure they would like to come visit you in Israel, but it is actaully cheaper for you to come to them. You deserve it. You have worked hard this year. Parents want to help their children and saving money is great, but if you have been working your whole life, then you should us some of it. Of course it seems like a lot of money to you and me but to them, not so much. Just feel comfortable with your choice.

So I desided it would be a good idea. For a few reasons. Honestly, honestly, honestly, my first reason would be to see my Grandpa Bob. Because I love all my family but he is my number one man. He is the most special person in the world and coming here last year I dreaded the idea of one day getting a call to hear the worst news. If I have the opportunity to see him one more time, I will take it.

And of course I want to see my parents. I miss all my family. I am a cancer after all. A traveling cancer, but still a cancer. My family is very important to me. I don't know if I will be able to see everyone in my immediate family, but I will try.

And so I have had some ticketing problems, but they will be solved by Sunday and I will have a definitve date. But it will be the first week in July to the end of July.

Another good thing about this whole desicion, is when I come back to Israel. I will have a month before I start the army. I had been trying to figure out a nice way to ask my boss to change work to one of the factories, so I can be around people to learn Hebrew. I didn't want to hurt her as she has done so much for me and has given me a lot of personal help.

When I told her about going to the US she said, well that means when you return you will be working in the factory. Oh boo hoo, for me right. OK so I know it will suck to work in a screw or elecrical factory, but it is only for a month and then the army.

I guess I am a lucky girl. And I am greatful to every wonderful opportnity and offer that comes my way. I hope the stars will continue to shine on me so I can do good in this crazy world.

שנת שלום לכולם רגוע וכיף
Shabbat shalom to everyone, relaxation and fun.