Life: on all scales

Sometimes you look at things and they seem like such big deals, or so bad. And then you get up in the morning and hear that there is war again in Gaza and, well all that little stuff doesn't seem so bad after all.

Early this morning Israeli soldiers entered Gaza. They are trying to get back the kidnapped soldier. They are only inside the strip about one kilometer. But they have bombed some areas, like a powerhouse, an unused airport (actually the only one in Gaza), and they have distroyed some tanks.

Hopefully this will put the pressure on to get the missing soldier back. But it is still sad and scary. It is sad if more lives are lost for just this one.

Well my little problems is that I was promised to have work here when I return from the US and yesterday, Orly, the director informed me that I couldn't stay. So now I have to figure out where I will be going when I return. I sent a fax to a man that fixs new immigrants on kibbutzim when they are in the army. So hopefully that will be solved by the time I get back.

It does make me mad that this director is just toying with peoples lifes and doesn't really seem to take things seriously and I intend to get the number of the Jewish Agency today and call. Because this is not the first time and I am not the first person. And we who are here are all alone in this crazy jungle.

But I will be leaving in a few days, on an adventure to the US. And I will get to have Hugh's pancakes and salsa, and sit with my family and friends and it will be a good relaxation before the army.