A Trivia Question....

So its my second day here with my mom and Hugh. I have a great time. Mom says I need some coffee, lets go to my favorite new coffee place. It is called Caribou Coffee.

Walk in. Study the drink board. A chalk board in the middle of the drinks catches my eye. Daliy Trivia,. OK. Question: What are the names of the two terrorist groups fighting against Israel?

I start to laugh. This is so sick. How can that be a trivia question? Lets think. 300 humans in Lebanon killed. Over 30 killed in Israel. 1000s of tons of explosives. Danger, blood, horror, lives, boys, bomb shelters, sad songs on the radio, mother's worrying, fear, cries.

And yet here I am in this cute little coffee shop in this cute little town. So safe. So friendly. It (the war there) must be so small to most of these people. Well those are just the crazy people in the middle east. This has been going on since the beginning of time. It not new.

I must have said it too loud, "That question is sick!"

And the guy behind the counter pipes in, "well do you know the names?"

"Ya, Hazbollah and Hamas. I live in Israel."

"You do? Its so sick what is going on there. I have friends who live there and you never here of all the daily rocketing and shooting that goes on that the Israeli's live with, only this."

"Wow, thank you. Thank you because no one knows about that stuff", I reply.

Before I left I gave him the link to my blog.

So never mind. I should judge a book by its cover. Maybe there are people who do care. People who do think Israel has a right. Who think that Israel stands for a lot of shit and just stands. Just takes the hits and casulties. And is silent. Now they have "started" a horrible war.

Yes. you read correctly I wrote that Israel started. because that is what critics are saying.

So in the Star Tribune today there was an article written about what s going on in Gaza along Lebanon. A Palestinian legislator, Saeb Erekat was quoted saying "We have a forgotten war in Gaza and the West Bank. We urge the international community to offer direct intervention to stop this Israeli military escalation."

And what did they say in the paper about how the war down there was started? ....Hamas-linked militants captured an Israeli soldier. Captured is an interesting world to use. That gives the idea that there was a war to begin with.

But there was no war. Less than a year after Israel pulled out of Gaza, Hamas tunneled over 900 feet under ground to a military base on Israeli soil. They killed 2 soldiers. Injured others and took another soldier. Kidnapped him. They have been holding him for 3 weeks now. All this after months of daily rocketing into Israel.

So who started it. Who provides the Gaza stip with power? food? water? You have to be pretty dumb to attack your only source of resources. Although they do get rockets from Egypt. But maybe they will realize they can't eat rockets.

My heart goes out to the two soldiers who just died in Lebanon. They could have been one of my friends (I know they are not because I checked the names).

But they are aCHem shelEE (my brothers)