Random ramblings

I have had a very strange two days. Yesterday was my one year anniversary of moving to Israel. I don't know what I expected. Enlightenment. Excitement. And strangely I didn't feel much. It is really strange. Just like I kind of expected to have these really deep meaningful conversations with everyone, I expected to have this amazing feeling yesterday. And I have not spent every moment of everyday to talk about all my dark secrets and thoughts with my family and friends. And yet I have still had a wonderful and meaningful time with my family. And I still am happy and proud with my lifestyle choice of living in Israel.

Yesterday Ben, Jon, and Diane left. Ben had been here a while. But Jon and Diane were only here for 3 days, but somehow if felt a lot longer than that, but not in a bad way. As usual, we are all in this weird transition. We are all starting a new chapter. And we are all edging towards the water, a bit frightened to get our feet wet. Ben is looking at moving out of Philly. Continuing with a similar program of helping people, all while earning money for school. And Jonathan is flirting with the idea of the best and most worth-it way to move into a new stage of his life. Continue in TJ's or go back to school?

I am not worried though...for any of us. We are all three smart, weird, driven individuals. We are very different. But we have come from a strong stock and I am sure we will do fine.

But honest, I am getting butterflies about returning home. I am going to enter a country that has been in war for 16 days. And in those 16 days I have been in the US. I don't know what it is like to live in a country that is in war. And I have a feeling there is a lot of me to learn and quick. I also have a big task of finding where I will live. Before I left to come here, I put a request to man who helps people like me get onto kibbutzim while in the army. I requested to be in the north on the Kinneret (Sea of Galilee) Now what. That is the area that is being evacuated. Also I am supposed to have my Army Ulpan in the north. Is that going to be moved to a safer location?

So I have some research to do.

Today I did have a lovely time with Nancy and my mom. We went and got a pedicure. It was so crazy! First I have not painted my nails for at least 5 years. And second, I have not taken care of my feet and have grown rather proud of my rough and more rugged piggy-. So now that are a rusty orange and a bit smoother (it is hard to take off all the rough in 20 minutes) It was surprisingly very fun and I kind of can't stop looking at my feet:)

After this we went and saw "The Lady In The Water" It was wonderful. But I am sure not for everyone. It is a modern day fairytale with so many amazing and inspirational messages. It is really hard to describe and I really think many people will not like it at all. You have to give it a try to find out.

I will try to find a review that explains it a bit and post that. It is very special.

OK guys, it is 12:30 in the morning. And I should sleep....lila tov